Have a look at this product:
SpaceClaimSMOPlus can unfold any kind of developable part:
You can also click here:VIDEO DEMO-2
SpaceClaim Corp., whose Mike Payne is the founder, (ex founder of PTC and co-founder of SolidWorks®), launches SpaceClaim professional, a very original, flexible and open CAD.
Modelise or import, then unfold
Unfold any shape
Assembly and unfolding
Let your ideas unfold !
· Dynamic Modeling technology provides a highly-adaptive design environment that supports unanticipated design directions, making SpaceClaimSMOPlus ideal for conceptual design, design creation, and modification.
· Geometric Inferencing works unobtrusively and in real time to highlight design similarities, such as equal radius holes or coplanar surfaces, during geometry creation and modification, improving user productivity.
· Associations collect related geometry together and apply design intent, such as mirror or pairing of surfaces. Associations can be readily turned on or off as the design needs change.
· Integrated Workspace for parts and assemblies supports top-down conceptdesign by enabling creation and freely splitting and merging of components asthe design progresses.
· Open XML data format makes all design data accessible for product datamanagement and downstream applications, ensuring long-term protection of customer data.
· SmartToolsTM understand the user's modeling intent simply by recognizing whatgeometry is selected and in what context. By determining what operation to performwithout excessive drop-down menus, dialogue boxes, and user clicks, SpaceClaimSMOPlus dramatically improves users' productivity.
· Hints provide helpful, real time feedback to the user as they create or modifygeometry. Hints automatically present design considerations, such as maintainingsame size holes or wall thickness, in the form of localized "snaps" to similar,surrounding geometry. Hints eliminate the need for the user to enter specificdimensions or interrogate the model beforechanging or adding geometry.
· PowerSelectTM enables users to search the model for like geometry and to easilyselect subsets or an entire group from the resulting list in order to modify, move, ordelete all at once. Additionally, previously selected geometry groups are rememberedand presented to the user. Given the frequency with which users perform selection,this streamlined process accelerates user's modeling productivity
· Tool Tips and Animated Help are provided for each operation. Whenever themouse cursor moves over a command icon, a tool tip appears with a brief descriptionand a link to a more detailed explanation and steps for its use. The detailed descriptions include animations to clearly demonstrate the use of the tool.
· Sketch environment lets users create sketches and try new ideas quickly. Users cansketch to exact dimensions or create a rough layout for future modification. Sketching entities include lines, arcs, and splines. Sketching tools include trim, offset, and project to sketch. Sketches remain free of constraints, which makes the resulting 3D geometry completely flexible. The flexible design approach means you do not have to know the final part design and detailing requirements in advance.
· Pull Tool creates and modifies geometry with a simple action. Users can pull a surface to create an extrusion, pocket, or hole. Users can also pull a surface to rotate it around an axis or to create sophisticated geometry by blending through different sections. Pulling a profile along a path creates a sweep, and pulling an edge creates a round or chamfer.
· Move Tool speeds the process of moving or copying geometry in a design by providing a 3D handle to reference how geometry should be located along a specified direction or rotated about an anchor point. SpaceClaimSMOPlus also supports familiar Microsoft commands to move and copy geometry.
· Section Tool provides a way to modify a 3D model by directly changing sectiongeometry located at any cross section through the design. This intuitive operation is familiar to those used to working in 2D.
· Associative Drawing environment enables design changes, as well as geometry creation and modification, from within drawing views. The drawing environment provides a familiar work space for those accustomed to working in 2D. Drawings support annotations, including geometric dimensioning and tolerances, notes and leaders, to JIS,ISO, and ANSI® standards.
· 3D Mark-up is a documentation environment which includes a set of 3D annotationcapabilities and highlighting tools to clearly communicate and document design changes.The environment includes mark-up dimensions, 3D annotations and comparison capabilities. 3D mark-up files can be attached to engineering change requests to clearly and unambiguously communicate the request.
· Model Compare overlays the original model on the changed model and thenautomatically displays all differences in color-codes. These design differences can becommunicated back to the design team using SpaceClaim Viewer or output toindustry standard formats such as MS PowerPoint®, and XPS™.
· Data import: IGES, STEP, DWG, DXF, VDA, PARASOLID, ACIS, Rhino, CATIA V5 and V4, Pro/ENGINEER, NX, Inventor et SolidWorks
· Data export: CATIA V5 R17 SP1, IGES, STEP, DWG, DXF, VDA, PARASOLID, ACIS, Rhino
Note: JT Open and
CATIA® V5 requires a separately purchased add-on product.